Sunday, February 17, 2008

Aquarium and Snow Park, Day 12, February 16, 2008

Today we did more site seeing and visited the Harbin Aquarium and then the snow park which is basically an exhibition of the snow sculptures. Zhi Bei thoroughly enjoyed them both, especially the snow park where she would run off ahead of us and then run back to us. The trip to the aquarium included a sea lion show that she also found quite amusing. Unlike our aquariums on the gulf coast this aquarium featured penguins, snow wolfs and polar bears (guess which picture is the polar bear). Not sure how the snow wolfs fit in with the aquarium theme but one of the two polar bears was thoroughly enjoying a swim while we were there. We have included pictures of these adventures below.

After we finished with the site seeing, we headed to a Walmart for a little more shopping for necessities, but first we stopped at what our guide Lynn called one of the best dumpling restaurants in Harbin, and Harbin is known for their dumplings. The restaurant’s name was the Oriental King of Dumplings Restaurant and featured “Fried Dumplings in the Family Way,” hmmmm. The dumplings were delicious and we were able to treat Lynn and our driver to lunch there.














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! My favorite picture is the close up of Andrea at the show. Pure joy! Thanks so much for allowing us to follow your journey through your blog and fabulous pictures. I feel like I know sweet Andrea already.

And . . . in my last comment I said I couldn't wait for all four of you to get back home. I guess I'm more excited for you than I thought! : ) I should have said I can't wait until all three of you get home. : )

Love and Blessings,
Laurie